(03) 9349 7800

What We Offer

Grants FAQs

If you are looking for information on a particular grant, this page includes a series of questions and answers which might be helpful. If you can’t find what you are looking for, please get in touch with us now or phone 03 93497800 (Option 5).

You can apply for an RWAV grant through the MyRWAV portal. Watch the video clip here.

To view our grants, visit the Grants page. To apply for a grant, click the ‘Apply Now’ button on the grant you wish to apply for. You will be required to log into the MyRWAV portal. If you do not have an account, you will be prompted to create one. To learn more, watch the video clip here.

To be eligible to apply for an RWAV grant, you must be working in an eligible health profession in an eligible location in regional Victoria. Grants are only available to health professionals working for non-government health services. Health professionals working for an Aboriginal health service may be eligible for grants regardless of their location in Victoria. Refer to individual grant guidelines to confirm eligibility.

To be eligible for grants, health professionals must be working in an eligible health service in a regional Victorian MMM2-MMM7 location. We suggest you check which MMM your area is by using the Health Workforce Locator.

To use the Locator, enter an address into the form. To see which MMM area you are located in, tick 2019 next to Modified Monash Model in the search box.

To be eligible for RWAV grants, health professionals working in eligible areas of regional Victoria must be working in one of the following professions:

  • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioner
  • Aboriginal Health Worker
  • Allied Health Assistant
  • Audiologist
  • Chinese Medicine Practitioner
  • Chiropractor
  • Dental Assistant
  • Dental Hygienist
  • Dental Practitioner
  • Dental Prosthetist
  • Dietitian
  • Exercise Physiologist
  • Medical Practitioner
  • Medical Radiation Practitioner
  • Mental Health Credentialled Workforce
  • Midwife
  • Nurse
  • Nurse Practitioner
  • Nutritionist
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Optometrist
  • Orthoptist
  • Orthotics and Prosthetics
  • Osteopath
  • Paramedic
  • Pharmacist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Podiatrist
  • Psychologist
  • Social Worker
  • Sonographer
  • Speech Pathologist

For student grants, separate criteria apply – please review grant guidelines before applying.


Grants are available for health professionals working in the following types of health services:

  • Private health– non-government funded health services, or services that receive the majority of funding from sources other than government such as private clinics and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs).
  • Aboriginal health– Services that primarily provide care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people (such as Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) and Aboriginal Medical Centres), workers who work primarily with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people or health professionals from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds

Professionals working in Public health (government funded health services, such as public hospitals) are not eligible for RWAV grants.

Email grants@rwav.com.au for any grant related enquiries or phone (03) 9349 7800 (option 4).

Grant applications are assessed against the guidelines and criteria for each grant. The guidelines clearly state the eligibility requirements for each grant.

The Latest Podcast

Inspire career choices and support the next generation of rural GPs. Become a DR JuMP mentorHere!
Send this to a friend